High pH is characterised by a decrease pCO2,primarly due to hypdrventilation.Compdnsatory renal responses lead to increase excretion and decreased serum bicarbonate levels.Sever respiratory alkalosis may result in light headedness parasthesia ,numbness,tetany ,convulsion.
1) stimulation of respiratory centre caused by fever , anxiety or cerebral tumour.
2) drugs such as salicylates and theophylline
3) hypoxia caused by sever anemia or high altitude .
4) pulmonary disorders such as asthma , pneumonia , bronchiolitis
5) fulminant gram negative septicemia
Directed at underlyin disorder.